How to Clean and Maintain Cast Iron Radiator
If the radiator is caused by air blockage, it needs scientific deflation. The exhaust valve is one of the necessary accessories of the radiator, which is used to release the gas and let the heating circulate smoothly. There is currently an automatic exhaust valve (which can be automatically deflated). There is also a manual exhaust valve. You need to loosen the manual exhaust valve with a screwdriver so that the air can be discharged by itself. Stop deflating when you see the radiator discharging water.
Speaking of our radiator, this is a kind of heating equipment widely used in our family, which has brought great help to our winter life. In the cold winter, people really can not do without this equipment. In particular, as we all know, if the elderly and children with poor resistance do not have radiators, they are easy to catch a cold. Even the joints will freeze unbearably. So open the home inside the radiator is a wise choice for everyone. The cast iron radiator is the most widely used type of radiator. Today, we will introduce some methods for cleaning cast iron radiator for everyone to understand.
What if the radiator is dirty and blocked?
1. radiators may be blocked by impurities. If the radiator has not been cleaned for many years, it is easier to accumulate scale and other impurities inside itself, which will lead to blockage of the radiator day after day.
2. impurities block the radiator, the radiator can be cleaned and the dirt in the radiator can be removed. The pipeline must be dredged first. Return water filtration can be increased and the filter cleaned regularly.
3. radiators are clogged with air. It may be because the air is blocked, in other words, there is a lot of air in the radiator at this time. This is caused by some gas entering the heating tube during the water supply process, which will cause the radiator not to be hot. Bleed treatment is required.
If the 4. radiator is caused by air blockage, it needs scientific deflation. The exhaust valve is one of the necessary accessories of the radiator, which is used to release the gas and let the heating circulate smoothly. There is currently an automatic exhaust valve (which can be automatically deflated). There is also a manual exhaust valve. You need to loosen the manual exhaust valve with a screwdriver so that the air can be discharged by itself. Stop deflating when you see the radiator discharging water.
How to clean the radiator
1. The addition method is to add some anti-scaling agents to the water quality to avoid scaling. Scale inhibitor is composed of alkaline substances and organic inorganic compounds. The alkaline substance in the scale inhibitor causes the calcium and magnesium salts in the boiler water to form water slag, which is removed by sewage discharge. This removes the calcium and magnesium ions, making it impossible to form a hard scale.
2. The organic matter in the scale inhibitor will increase the fluidity of the water slag and make it easy to discharge. At the same time, the organic matter will form a blocking layer on the metal surface to prevent the formation of scale on the metal surface. This series of chemical and physical effects, to prevent the formation of scale.
3. Add scale inhibitor to the boiler water in operation, it will protect the whole system, including the radiator. The biggest advantage of this method is that it is not necessary for customers to do it themselves, but is carried out by residential areas or heating companies. At present, many heating systems have adopted this method, and the effect is good.
How to maintain the radiator
1. Before the arrival of the new heating season, it is necessary to check whether the discharge valve of the radiator is normal. It is necessary to check whether the connection head on the pipeline is normal. If there is any looseness, it is necessary to tighten the threaded joint to avoid water leakage after heating.
2. Clean the radiator surface regularly. Please use a soft towel when cleaning. Do not casually use any kind of organic solution, otherwise easy to damage the radiator.
3. When the heating is running for the first time, the valves of each riser need to be adjusted. The manual bleed valve of each radiator is then opened to discharge the air stored in the radiator. It is necessary to ensure that the exhaust valve is ventilated.
4, can be closed for a long time no living room. This can save energy and reduce consumption.
5. Do not pile up debris on or in front of the radiator, otherwise it will affect the heat dissipation of the radiator.